Friday, August 12, 2011

Old friends are like wine.....

Had an almost hour long chat with an old buddy yesterday. Felt really really good. Old friends are like old wine. The older they are, the better they taste (no pun intended) :-P

Have wanted to write a post on my 'true-blue' Leo girl since long. Today is the D-Day I guess.
We have been friends since the first day of college. Didn't really realize when we turned into 'best friends'. We are poles apart in most of our ways, be it thinking, nature, behavior or studies. I was a typical first bencher teachers' pet, she was one of the mischievous lot. I would do my assignments at home, and hers in the college bus. I was always a one-man woman, she had crushes that changed every week. I guess it was these eccentricities that drew us closer. For no reason do they say, "Opposites attract".

The only similarity that we shared was that we both were rebels. Yeahh..!!! The typical boring me was also a fighter. We both fought for our 'rights' and soon became each others' "crib buddies". LOL. We cribbed about anything and everything and the other one always 'understood'. We shared our deep dark secrets and books and clothes and what not.

And yeahh, that does not mean it was all hunky dory between us. Can never forget those squabbles. The Leo is typically demanding and moody and soo egotistic (she s going to fight with me, yet again, after reading this). She just couldn't stand me ignoring her or giving any other a teeny weenie bit more importance than her. If she had her way, she would claw me off..!!!

But yes, there's one incident that I am gonna cherish forever. For my Big Day, she cut short her US trip by a day, reached India jet lagged, but yet arrived at the venue looking like a BOMB.
Ain't she looking HOT?

Love you S for this..!!! Always.... <3

It's been 8 years since we first met. And the relationship dynamics still remain the same. Even though I am married and she is going to be (in another year or so), she hasn't mellowed down one bit. We both still love, hate, fight and are jealous of each other and know it..!!!!! :-))
She praises me and takes a dig at me at the same time. She just loves to be soo mean with me. But I guess I am one of those privileged people, with whom she can be what she is........*****!!!!! (babess....that's offline between us).

 THE most endearing quality about her, is her incredible zest for life. If life was a bull, she would pull it by it's horns and twist it her way. She has been through some major ups and downs in life. But her 'down-and-out' phase doesn't last longer than 2-3 days. The legend is back on its feet again, very much alive and kicking and spitting blood, ready to take on the world.

S...I love you for what you are. You are beautiful to me and all others, who know you inside out. Forgive me if I have ever let you down. And thanks for ALWAYS being there. Happy Friendships' Day ****** ;-))))

6 comments:

  1. love you too sweetheart.....thank u sooooooo much.....
    On a serious note....you are much more than a frnd to me..you my sister...the best thing about u is I can call u at anytime (even roadies :P) to crib/complain and discuss things with you....and knowing well dat despite our discussions we wont always have a solution,I still cant stop myself from calling you :)...I love you just the way you are.....stay the same gaddhu cause u rock!!!!
    hugs
    and kisses
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. n BTW..i love dis pic but m looking fat :(
    nd i guess evryone shud know....i've lost weight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post but nicer comments :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Swetha: yeahh...thnxx indeed....!!! The ***** that u r.....this s the frst tim dat u hve commented on my blog....n no prizes for guesing on which post..!!!! :-P
    warna to hamesha bas mazaak hi udaati h ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post about two best Friends! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)