Friday, September 16, 2011

Poll khul gyi.....!!!

Well.....If you are thinking I am gonna write about any celebrity's or neta's (in)famous (s)excapades, you can rest easy because I am not gonna bore you with any of that innane stuff. I'd rather talk about cooking (which I loathe, by the way).

So coming back to the point, this post is about a poll that I did sometime back. I had almost decided not to post the question that I did, and am I glad. The results just blew the cover off the lid. I was expecting to see some masaaledaar fried bhindi and what I got was boiled bottlegourd (Ugh!)

No seriously. What's up people? Where has the sense of excitement and exploration gone? Or is it that I am the only sinner around?

For the benefit of the uninitiated readers, let me rewind a bit. The question was, "Do you reveal your relationship status if you are approached by another boy/girl?"
a) Yes, always. I want to make my stand clear to avoid future issues.
b) No, never. Its none of his/her business.
c) Depends on whether the girl/guy is cute
d) Don't know. Have never been approached.

Now, I was expecting a majority of people to say option b because of the fairly bold attitude of our generation. And also considering the fact that the voting is anonymous. But the stats looked like this at the end of the week:
a) 70%
b) 6%
c) 10%
d) 10%

and I went "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?". You guys gotta be kidding me. Everyone is literally playing safe out there.

So I generally struck up a conversation with some friends as to why they chose option (a). And almost all the "good" gals and gays said that committed people should always declare their "Relationship Status  (RS a la Facebook) to avoid any unwanted "proposals" later. Ok. Point taken.

But wait. I would have definitely marked option (b) because I always do that. And I want to give out the reason for that too, lest you consider me a loose-foot characterless woman, or simply portray me as the antonym of Geet, who was a one-man woman. I am too, very much. But with a twist.

Every new guy that I meet wants to know my RS after the first few times. I guess because he is partially interested. Or he just wants to know, in case he later fell for the chocolate eyed beauty (thats me :-P ), would I be availabe too. In any case, my lips are sealed. I have this habit of analyzing human behavior. And clearly, if I told him that I was committed, I would never get to see the person that he would otherwise be ;-)) Trust me you would want to see that....

And I beg your pardon guys if you find that wrong, but it's all in a harmless way. After all, I am not hiding my RS and two timing H..isn't it?? It's so much more fun to be just what you are, and not be defined by your RS.

Another reason a friend gave for this: She said she revealed her RS to lovers with "proposals" because it was so much easier to get rid of them that way. How crude I say! The poor guy loved you with all his heart and you didn't think twice before bringing the hammer down on him. The last thing a guy can accept is imagining his GF/would-be-GF/would-be-wife as another man's arm candy. But well, that deserves another post.

I, for that matter, never do that. If I had to turn down a guy, I'd (and have) tell me why I didn't like any better than Tusshar Kapoor. Why should I heap the burden of my disapproval of him on my relationship? I think that's unfair to both the guys concerned. And seriously speaking, if I liked him any better than my current guy....I would atleast think about him. I mean, why not? ;-))

But the best part was that atleast some guys were truly honest. Like the 10% who said "Depending on whether the girl/guy is cute", and another 10% who said "They have never been approached". Awww...... Kudos for your honesty people. I wish Cupid strikes all you guys/girls soon, so that you can particiapte in my survey the next time around !!!

Adios Amigos until the next post :-)

6 comments:

  1. waah waah...interesting poll tha....!! Aur haan aaj kal ke zamaane mein 'Pyar ka punch nama' n 'love ka the end' types ke relationships avoid karne ka option (a) hi sahi tarika hai.....u c v dont want to put our miserable life more miserable!!! ;)

    //the chocolate eyed beauty (thats me :-P )
    ahem ahem....!! :P

    //Every new guy that I meet wants to know my RS after the first few times.
    Arrey its not just with u....happens wid every girl!!!! Arrey aakhir dil to dil hai ji..!!!

    Hmmm...aise bahut polls lagana blog pe!!! mazaa aaya...

    ciao 4 now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kally:
    hahah....making life more miserable....ahaan....somebody is taking out of experience here :-P

    haan haan.....dil to baccha h ji.... :-))

    n thnxx for your comment....new poll to come soon....ciao until then :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Altho I'm one of the supporters of 'wear your RS on your sleeves' option,I think I might have thought like you had I been a gal myself.Coz lyk u I lyk analyzing ppl.Withholding crucial bits of info like one's relationship status is an amazing way to observe and extract crucial bits of info about others....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @idiotici: yaa absolutely....but i didnt't get what's it got to do with being a guy/girl....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes misss chocolate eyed beauty...:P:P

    my comment is on "The poor guy loved you with all his heart and you didn't think twice before bringing the hammer down on him" line....
    u really think of the guy as "poor chap"???
    I am amazed!!!!
    nice post as usual!!!
    LOVED ITTT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @meghss: thannxx thannxx thanxx for ur valuable time missy :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)