Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A year that was....

I look back at the year gone by. And unlike all the years gone by, atleast for this one I cannot say that it passed by before I said Happy New Year '11.  Majorly because I got married this year.
That year started on a hugely contemplative note, as I was full of anxities, fear, joy and excitement on my impending marriage with H. It was a dream about to come true. And that dream is still as beautiful. Just that no place for any anxities or fear. I have lived and enjoyed every moment with H, ever since fate and destiny joined us together. And gained a lot of love weight too!
There have been a number of vacations, disasters, surprises, the first-fasts, fights and romance. A high-on-spirit year hands down!

And after years of lying dormant in my head or in my Drafts folder, my stories and thoughts finally found a place in the blog and, much to my surprise, struck a chord or two with some real good writers too. I was praised and flattered and awarded and not to forget, the brickbats too followed me everywhere. I want the latter to be there, always, to keep a lzay bum like me on my toes. ;-))

2011 was iconic for reasons galore, even though I am most likely to forget everything else over the years, except that I got marrried (the sadist that I am!).

Team India finally won the World Cup after 28 long years (for Indians, that is as good as 28 light years :-P).

Team Anna jolted out every section of the Indian society outof its slumber and it's indifferent attitude towards the country. It was an awakening of sorts, that will definitely go down in the NCERT History books someday. And someday, I can see myself weaving melodramatic stories of that revolution, for my kids, telling them how it felt to be a part of something that big.

Some real stalwarts like Steve Jobs (CEO, Apple), Bhupen Hazarika, Nawab Pataudi, M.F. Hussian, Jagjeet Singh left this world a lot poorer in 2012.

And finally Beti B was ushered out of her mother's womb and into the love and care of a million Indians. A relief that India could finally stop acting pregnant. ;-))

And yes, you got it right! I am not going to talk about scams, bomb blasts, petrol hikes and the Lokpal that never saw light of the day.
It's just the beginning of the year and I am in too-optimistic a mood right now to talk about crap.

I hope that you all had a great year too and even better things are in store for all of us ( even though I half-heartedly fear the doomsday in 2012). I hope we all reach pinncales of success in our lives, personally, professionally and spiritually. May all those who strive and work hard for a better life, get it. May we all attain a large-hearted and giving nature towards underprivileged kids, homeless women and old people.
May 2012 be happy and prosperous for EVERYONE!

4 comments:

  1. How are you Ghata.You promised me to visit my
    blog.But,you didn't.Why?

    I am impressed by your nice presentation.

    I too wish you a happy and prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it a coincidence tht both of ur first posts in 2011 n 2012 were written on Jan 11... M guessing.. no...
    A very Happy New Year to u....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rashi: definitely not! I noticed it only after u mentioned it! And what a coincidence...isn't it? ;-)

      Delete
  3. @Rakesh ji: thnku soo much....n I do visit ur blog occasionally :-)) will definitely comment the next time.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)