Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Friendship, Marriage, Joys, Memories...!!!

I wonder what is it about marriages that make go weak in the knees, all the time. As soon as I hear the M-word, I start reminiscing about my own and my time. I get nostalgic to the point of getting paranoid.
I go over in remind mode, till I am done recollecting what I was doing precisely at this very moment that day.

Like I am doing right now, three days away from my first Wedding Anniversary. But not many of you would know that my oldest sweetheart and friend and soul sister N got married just two days before me. And so, as it’s her first wedding anniversary tomorrow too, I am trying to recollect as many thoughts and small sweet incidents that preceded the Most Important Day in both of our lives.

Like yesterday. It was the first day of my sanctioned marriage leaves. We had a small pooja at home that day, to ward off any evils before commencing any pre-wedding functions. And 1800 km away, in a small town called Hosur (in Tamil Nadu); my dearest N was getting engaged to the love of her life.
I am as full of emotions today, as I was last year.
Today was N's haldi and sangeet ceremony, and I was preparing for my own with these thoughts. Tomorrow as N will be busy celebrating her first anniversary, I am sure to remember the lagan pooja that was held for my marriage.

I still remember the brief chat I had with N on the 17th. We both were so excited, emotional, happy. We were bubbling and  bursting. On one side, N was wishing me luck for my Big Day, on the other, I was teasing her about her First Night. ;-))

The only sad part about this arrangement was that N and I couldn't be by each other's side on our Big Day.
But we did make up for it, albeit quite a bit, at N's sangeet.


N and I, dancing away to glory at the sangeet!
Less than a month later, N and I were both back in her room at her place. There we were, the same both of us, waiting to exhale and explode and drown each other in our countless stories of experiences of the month gone by. ;-))

@N : I miss you so soo much ! And I just want to wish U n Hemzz a very very very Happy Wedding Anniversary. You guys are one of those rare couples who are so perfect (I know you would be squirming at that!) and made to be with each other. I just want to wish both of you loads of luck, happiness and many more years of togetherness and love. <3<3

2 comments:

I love to hear back from you :)