Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday to me - 2012

For all its worth, this could definitely be my last birthday celebration on this earth. That is if the latest date of world doom according to the Mayan text is to believed (Dec 21, 2012). But then I was never big on birthdays anyway. I am not really the kind of person who would go out and throw a huge lavish party or drink the night away doing crazy stuff, and then make the next day unbearable. Unlike last year when I took an entire week off to visit a couple of cities, this year was way quieter. But that's only metaphorically. Because going by the gifts He has been gifting me this month, the celebrations look far from over. The gifts started pouring in as soon as last month when I won myself a lot of goodies from the blogger meet, including a brand new phone.

This year, H took me to this pub called Qba in Delhi, where there was a stand up comedy act. And boy, was it funny! We laughed our guts out for close to one and a half hours. I laughed till my sides hurt, my eyes had tears rolling down and I had spilled my drink twice over my new dress.So that was a great way to usher the birthday in, laughing and rolling.


The major part of the day went by quite uneventful because of the unbearable hot weather. In the evening we did go out and as many of you would already know that I have a twin sister M, went to meet her. We cut the cake and spent some great time together cracking jokes and fooling around.

I got a couple of gifts from the family which were very sweet. I also got 2 books from my office buddies. Needless to say, I was overjoyed! Can there be any better gift than that? Thank you besties :-)



And then came the best news of the day.
I won the third prize for my entry for the Lakme Indiblogger contest.
And I have won myself a cool Amazon Kindle. Isn't that great? I am ecstatic and on top of the world.

Dear God,
Where ever you are, I just want to say a Big Thank you for showering me with so many gifts this year. There is absolutely nothing more that I can ask you for. You have been so great to me. It just makes me feel that I am doing something right. I hope I can continue doing it and we can carry on happily with our awesome relationship dynamics ;-))

18 comments:

  1. Wow!! U win a kindle ...doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday once again, you write beautifully and expressively, Happy to read,that you are being appreciated for it.I am sure, this is just the beginning of many more good things to come!:-)

    Cheers
    Ankur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Ankur :-)

      Delete
  3. nonsense....no mention of my gift!!!!!!
    i hate you X(
    (hahaha...so very typical of me no.....and i love it!!!! still....u owe me a big one.....nd now m bak to being mad X()

    ReplyDelete
  4. evryone here in my offc know abt it too...and u dont acknowledge HERE....the most imp place for me (i read it evryday...quiet contrary to what u think :P)
    nd m mad again
    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U r actually MAD...pagal ladki.... :-P
      I was planning on doing an entirely seperate post on my new dress replete with pics, as and when i get it. And look at you...wanting to be happy wid a mere mention!

      Delete
    2. you know me....i dnt expect much :)
      hehe...well u go ahead like you planned.....
      but i guess i dnt wanna wait till august ..... khi khi...

      Delete
  5. woowwww...:-))

    Congratsss!!! miss Hi tech...:-P...with your veryyy own KINDLE..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. again wowwwwww.........congratzzzzzz!!!! for ur kindle...

    cheers
    di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wishes di...made my day!

      Delete
  7. Best wishes for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting the prize and the gifts :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the post as well as ur n Swetha's comments on it... Waiting for the pics and the post on the dress now... :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya ya....me too waiting to do that post....but still havent been able to get my hands on THE dress! :P

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)