Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And you thought I was dead already?

I haven’t updated the blog in 20 days. To me, it seems like forever. I haven’t done this ever since I started to write here and experienced a different world altogether. But off late, things hadn’t been too promising. There was too much happening on the personal front, professional front, social front, you know? I was so caught in this mayhem of office, personal life, social commitmnets, having to pacify everyone around me. And so that left me almost breathless.

There were a lot of incidents happened that made me think, made my hands itch to write. But the mind was so overworked that I couldn’t get a single coherent thought make way to the blog without a million others bombarding my poor brain. Things took a turn for the worse when I accidentally deleted one of my stories that I had written for a contest. It was a grand idea and I had sat up late at night to finish it before it lost its charm. But! It was not to be, and ever since I haven’t been able to (metaphorically) pick the pen!

Readers have been kind enough to visit the blog regularly and some of them even professed to having missed me. Yay!! Some even came up with ideas just in case I was suffering from writer's block! Actually it was just the opposite of that! Anyhow, I loved the compliments and affection and was longing to feel that exhilarating feeling I feel every time I unburden myself with abstract thought taking the shape of beautiful words and connecting me to a wide range of people who love me, and love to hate me!

And all this while I was gone,

-I watched a couple of movies, including the recently released barfi. Loved it completely.
-Read a couple of good books. (one of those long pending in to-be-read books list)
-Got a few surprises from H. Including new books and a very cute bag! :-))
-Fought with an old friend and that made me think a lot about people and how they could possibly outgrow each other even after a long 10 years of togetherness!
-Met my chaddi buddy N, after the longest time that we have known to be apart. We had an amazing time  like always, catching up on our lives and generally having fun!

Had some blooper moments too.
-Like I washed my awesome Sony cyber shot camera in the washing machine and no points for guessing, it’s broken and can be fixed for an amount equal to its original cost. And so, (no points for guessing again) we have decided to buy a new camera.
-I also dropped my phone a couple of times. And one of those times, lost my 4GB memory card. And with it, all my data, photos and most importantly my song list that I had so painstakingly created :-(

H has been a real sweetheart after recovering from his illness and acted so cool after I "washed" the camera. He even jokingly remarked that now the pictures would be so much cleaner! Ha! Now you know why I married him! :-P

And it feels like I have lived the excitement of a whole life within the last 20 days while nobody could guess from the outside, that so much action could be happening in my life on the inside. But now I think that I am back for good and doing what I do best - blabber!

And oh yes, my twin M has completed her Ph.D. And is now officially a doctor. And are we immensely proud!!

Stay blessed until the next time!

7 comments:

  1. 20 days, eh ? I just broke a 20 week break I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm....I don;t know if I can ever stay away that log! Anyhow...welcome back :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back tinker bells.You are never short of ideas, it how you mould them into lovely wacky writeups that keeps me waiting. Keep penning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back...
    waiting to read lot more from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah!!! welcome back Ghata!!! :)

    Waaat? u washed ur camera? Lol Good as ur H said, the picture must b clean from now on with the image being clean and white..plain white with nothing in it! :P

    Phone music list is something i wud treasure and i organize it more than my project files....ITs a pain really wen u lose ur memory card!!

    Good that ur H recovered and u met ur 'chaddi buddy' (LOL, ROFL) :D

    Keep writing and let ur thoughts flow and give us more of ur blog posts!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)