Saturday, December 8, 2012

An evening worth it's money @The [V] Spot Cafe Bar!!

Merry Christmas guys! No, don't get me wrong. I ain't psyched up yet! But it seems Santa uncle decided to meet me up a little early this season. The Santa in question being BlogAdda ;-) Now you had to guess that! Who else can play Santa to avid bloggers and readers like us?

So this time, apart from giving free books, BlogAdda decided to gift us an evening of fun too! These guys wanted me to do a review of the [V] Spot Cafe Bar. But how can you really review a place without actually being there? Or tasting their food? Or their drinks? ;-) And so BlogAdda indulged us  by giving us coupons worth 2000 bucks to visit the place, enjoy their spoils and then give you all an honest opinion about it. Talk about  mixing business and pleasure! :-P

Thank you BlogAdda for the coupons!
And so, H and I landed at the [V] Spot cafe+Bar in Saket located very close to the Select City Walk mall. It's one of the last places in a street that's lined up with bars and you can actually go bar hopping here. We found the place cozy, as Delhi is really chilly these days. The seating was comfortable and lighting just appropriate. I don't really like places that are too dim for comfort, and after a couple of drinks, they actually start looking spooky.

The look around!
Anyway. So the first thing that gave me an idea of the "coolness" quotient of the places was this:

Awesomely-freaky napkins at your disposal !!
They also had really interesting table mats that had detailed flowcharts on things like "How to hit on a girl without being too creepy" or "How to survive an evening at the bar without your laptop, if you are a nerd"!! LOLing over them, we called for the menus. Their menus are an interesting lot. It's a pity I don't have too many pictures of the same, but our nerves were duly tickled with drinks' names like "Rum-Balram", "Steve's Job" and "Son of a Peach". And yes, the drinks were as good as their names. If I must suggest one drink, you MUST try "Swarg" - a cocktail with an amazing blend of tequila and desi ingredients like lemongrass! I loved it!
Our drinks (on the house) ;-) 
Next we ordered the starters. A (veg) Snack Harem (for me) and a ChickenZilla for H.

Don't these look absolutely delicious?
The presentation was as good as the taste. The veg starter had Arabic sauces and trust me, it was really different from all cuisines that I have had so far. Good music played in the background, and H and I had some really sought-after quality time that day.

And yes, how can I forget to mention their washrooms? They are so interesting, you might end up spending more time there than in the bar. The walls are covered up in potty-licious banter and you'll never feel bored sitting in there for as long as you want. ;-)

We also ordered main course and dessert and were pretty satisfied with the service, the quality and taste of the food.  The general ambiance was good too.

Polishing off the great food with the pretty dessert!

However, I found this place quite suitable for clubbing after a long day at office, for unwinding with friends over a drink. This is not really the place to go if you  are looking at getting sloshed, meeting hippies or junkies  or really loud music that doesn't let you listen to your own voice. In fact, I was kind of intrigued at the really low turnout on a Friday evening. But the manager assured us that they got the maximum crowd on Wednesdays and Saturdays as they were the Karaoke nights or some band was performing.

They also some cool stuff like a video booth where you can use the iPad, click yourself and appear on Channel [V].

A very creative wall with graffiti!

Over all, I really liked the place, where you can actually chill out with friends without burning a hole in your pocket. The menu is quite decently priced. The food is well cooked, the drinks are perfect and the service prompt. You can guess how much we enjoyed from the fact that we overshot our quota of the vouchers and actually ended up paying half a grand extra for the spoils!! Aren't we something!! :-P ;-)

This place definitely gets a thumbs up from me. And I am definitely going back there again.
If you have been to the place, I would love to know your comments on it. And if you haven't, please do and then let me know your views on it :-)

This review has been written as a part of BlogAdda's Sponsored Reviews.

9 comments:

  1. Nice review there!

    I wish BlogAdda people gave me this amazing chance too. Santa, are you listening?? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie....and am sure YOUR Santa is listening :-P

      Delete
  2. looks like Santa really blessed U!
    I was busy and didnt check this sponsored review :( Is it still open?
    Btw ur review is great and tempting me to go thr .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you are going....I will be waiting for your review!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ghata,

    Congrats on winning the coupons. You've done a lovely review of the place.
    HAHAHA, so how much did you end up spending in the washroom? :p
    Looks like a fun place to be in. Will surely check this out, once I'm in Delhi, that is.
    Keep posting Ghata :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Jay!
      Ahem....regarding the washroom...by now you would have guessed how much time I spent in there esp after I gave out so many "inside" details !! LOL...

      Delete
  4. Hey, it was good to read about your treat.. I had a sumptuous one too at Gurgaon Vspot.
    And u know what we loved Snack Harem absolutely and the play of words with Drinks names in the menu is too good.

    http://manjulikapramod.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey...good to know that you had a good time there too!

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much... your blog is giving very useful knowledge for all.i didn’t have the knowledge in this now i get an idea about this..
    thks a lot:-)To know more Read here

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)