Monday, February 18, 2013

Another milestone! Or is it?

It's our second Wedding anniversary. What's wrong with time? Forget the "Time flies" adage, I think time is travelling in one of those Japanese bullet trains. Before you know it, you hear a "Whooshh" and that's another milestone passing by. It feels like, before I know it, I'll be a dadi/nani, recounting stories of of romance, love and commitment hamare zamaane ke, you know.

But, on a serious note, it's been a fabulous journey so far. I have been so happy at times, that I wanted to pinch myself to believe if it was true! And then there were times, when we have fought like there was no tomorrow. But we always make up. Not because we have to, but because we really want to. After a full fledged screaming match and calling each other names, we do get the feeling that the issue wasn't really worth a fight. But then, a good scream and fight here and there, doesn't hurt anyone right? In fact I feel, doing that sometimes is almost therapeutic. But yeah, you gotta underline that "sometimes", ok? And whoever says and believes that "I love you for what you are" is completely bullshit and you should know that. Spouses keep trying (mostly unsuccessfully and therapeutically ;-)) to change each other and do succeed a little. Only to be faced with a "tum badal gaye ho" a little later. Married life is full of such and many other clich├ęs. And yet, each journey is so different from the other.

H and I started ours on this day, two years ago. By far, it has been the most important, the most special and the most romantic day of my life. I had waited for it, yearned for it and was lucky enough, to get to live it.
Just like time, our equation too is changing everyday. At 2 years, I have learnt to cook, as much as a survival meal for two. Now that's an achievement if you know my disapproval for cooking. And H has learnt that to get me to cook, he has to say this in the most pleasing way, "Don't worry babes, we'll order from outside". Likewise, H hates to oil my hair (an activity which I emphasize must be carried out religiously 4 times a week). And so, I have learnt that I can almost (ALWAYS!) get it done if I top with a hot chocolate. So, there.

We both have our quirks. We love some of it. We try and change the rest. But as long as I can fit my head snugly in the nook of his arm at the end of a long day, I am not worried. I know we are moving in the right direction. Growing up. Having fun. Fighting it out. Most importantly, together.
Babes, I know you will agree to whatever I said above. If you don't, well, we can always talk it out over a cup of hot chocolate, can't we?
Hail the Bond couple! ;-)

16 comments:

  1. All the Mush!!! ;-)

    Happy 2nd Milestone to you and H :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats Ghata...many more wonderful years on ur way...was just wondering while reading it...do all married couples hav same story to tell ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Ghata :) wish u hav many more wonderful years :)
    Was jst wondering while reading do all married couples hv same story to tell ;);)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah...there...as I said...Marriage is a lot of cliches..and then some more!
      And thanks alot for your wishes :-)

      Delete
  3. masttt...:))
    maza aaya padh ke...i will forward the link to amit as well...:-)

    mubarak ho!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy second anniversary dear...and what a beautiful pen down of thoughts and emotions :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes mam :-)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Ghata. Beautifully written.God Bless you two!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Post :)
    May you two be able to keep changing each other ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeheh...that's a cool wish....Thanks :-P ;-)

      Delete
  7. Nice posting and interesting story...........

    Thanks
    Real Estate Developer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated anniversary wishes to you both and God bless you... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)