Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Of heartbreaks and Mango!

And so, what if I was gifted a pepper spray by H on V-day? S (my bestie from college) made up for it by gifting me an absolutely gorgeous dress from Mango. And that's the reason God made friends. They never fail to take you out of the dumps...don't they? Thank you S for the awesome gift. And yeah, I will keep my promise. When you are here in Delhi, we are both going to wear our dresses, get clicked crazy and the photos will land on the blog. Pinky promise! ;-)

On a totally unrelated note, a very close friend went through a break up recently. Until now, I thought that break ups were ugly and traumatizing and a trip to the hell. Only this time, I realized, they are even worse. Not necessarily in that order though.

Having never gone through that feeling (God forbid!), I can only take an estimated guess at how that must feel like. I just remember, how once, H left for a team event for 2 days, and I shed copious tears of bereavement. So there. I can only guess.

How hard it must be for a person to let go of another, who you have loved with all your heart, pinned all your hopes on him/her, probably even woven dreams of a happily ever after? You'd wonder when did it all come crumbling down? You never even noticed when things started going downhill.. It must be worse thinking about it in your head again and again and not getting any answers. Even if there were any clear answers, there would still be the hapless questions of why it all happened? Why didn't he/she understand enough? Why didn't they do what was right, instead make everything worse for both?

And then there's the whole "news" about your break up that spreads like wildfire, and you actually have to tell everyone that, however, unfortunate that might be, it's true. Heart breaking stuff. Every single time. And then the old memorabilia to deal with. The gifts, the roses kept in old books, your favorite songs, your favorite restaurant, your favorite hang out place.

Then the chicken-egg question of all times - to be friends with your ex or not?. And that depends on how the break up went. Most of them, I am sure, are ugly. I mean, really ugly where you would want to ground the other person on a bed of shit and pound them until...well...let me leave it at that! :-P

I am sure that to get yourself out of a heartbreak is an immense task. Almost a miracle. It changes a person. When you move on, I am sure it's not at all easy.There must be a whole lot of data backup in your mind, you'd wish would just crash without any recovery possible. Since that doesn't happen, you hide the pain, put on a smile and move forward. Until one day, you find a person who fits in just perfectly in your life, like the last piece in a jigsaw puzzle completes the picture. And that day you realize that it all happened for a reason. The heart break, the pain, the anger, the remorse. Those were God's ways of turning you in the right direction, to the right person.
This post is dedicated to her who is doing all this and much more. Still rocking it where it matters. Still twisting life by its' horns. Still retaining the zeal and passion for love.
This post is also dedicated all those who have ever gone through a break up and triumphed over it. To all those who have moved on in life and connected the dots backwards. To all those who have never had to go through a breakup, and are thankful for it. 

18 comments:

  1. Well, went through heart-break; won't call it a break -up ; its not hell but it changes you, makes you mature, kinds of opens your eyes to stop taking people around you for granted and makes you feel thankful to God for those who really love you. Its a sorrowful time; but also an eye -opening period. I hope your friends gets through it bravely- tell her to remember the wise words - "What doesn't kill me- makes me stronger".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! That;s our favorite phrase of all times! "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
      You went through a heart-break :( Hugs Farina. But glad that you have joined all the dots backwards!

      Delete
  2. A very interesting point of view this! Loved visiting your blog and look forward to more posts from you.
    www.socialpotpourri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kriti for visiting. Glad you liked it :-)

      Delete
  3. I went through one and it completely changed me. I know I am a different person now. Hopefully, for better. Still haven't found the right jigsaw piece though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you have changed for better Akanksha. And trust me, when the time is right, your jigsaw piece is going to walk right up to you! hugs :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Debs...glad u liked it! :-)

      Delete
  5. Gud one... only after darkest point of night there is a dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Jasmin. thanks for dropping by..

      Delete
  6. There is a reason why God created Time. So we can forget the hurt, heal, and move on.
    That was very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Time is a powerful thing. It does make you forget, but it changes you too. Thanks for dropping by Rickie...glad you liked it!

      Delete
  7. One has to be brave to let go and start afresh. All the best to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Purba. And thanks for dropping by :) I ll pass on your wishes to the friend!

      Delete
  8. Consoling post for heart breaks uh?? :D

    //you would want to ground the other person on a bed of shit and pound them until...well...let me leave it at that! :-P
    Lol...!! Watte vengeance!!!

    Btw I checked the Mango website....they have gorgeous collection of dresses!! Wow!! and I thought its real Mango when I saw the post alert....!!!

    And...in ur Awards section u are yet to update with 'Awesome Blogger & Liebster Blog Award' I guess Afshan gave it to you....!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me Kally about the award thing. I had almost forgotten about it :( Bad me...
      Anyway...glad you liked the post...and seriously...u didn't know about Mango> :-P

      Delete
  9. Blog hopped here and will be back frequently! Break-ups are really just life's way of teaching and showing you what you don't need or want. It raises the bar and teaches you not to settle for just anyone. In realising that, you have a clear picture of what you want and go for it when it comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Profound and true! Glad u liked it BB!
      Looking forward to see more of you in this space :-)

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)