Saturday, June 15, 2013

We love to chat! Why not WeChat?

We Indians love our chats and chaats with equal fervor. We like our gossips to be as spicy and tangy as the golgappe waala's teekhe waala paani. So what if your motto in life is just "live and let live"? The neighbor waali Mrs. Sharma doesn't think so. To check what time you reach home at night, what clothes you wear and how many guy friends you have is all her prerogative too. After all, who's going to take care of the declining ethos of the society, eh?

And so, when I was given the opportunity to be able to connect with any 5 people of my choice, I decided to run a few ticks in my check list. After all, I would be talking/chatting/video calling some of my real favorite people in the world. I decide to send WeChat invites to my favorite 5 people and this is the bhelpuri of a conversation that we had (recreated as honestly as possible ;-))

(Phone beeps)
Apparently THE ShahRukh Khan has accepted my invite and sends me a hello...

SRK: Hello there, young lady!
Moi: H..h..h...h..h hello Sir. It's such an honour to be chatting with you.
SRK: ha ha ha. Call me SRK. Naam to suna hi hoga

(And I imagine my first true love going all SRKish, opening his arms just for me )

Mrs. Sharma: Hello Sir, I also feel the honour ji. Thank you beta for inviting me into this conversation too.

Moi: No trouble Aunty. (we need someone for entertainment,no?)

SRK: Ghata, you have such a beautiful name. Bollywood has romanticized your name so much. Never thought I would meet someone with the name.

Moi : (blushing) Thanks SRK. I can't believe you are flirting with me ;-)

Mrs. Sharma : (obviously not liking the lack of attention on her): SRK, I heard you are planning another baby. What's with you and Aamir and Sanju wanting to be dads at 50?

SRK: ha ha ha...pyaar, shaadi aur bacche karne ki koi umar nahi hoti...lekin ye tum kya jaano Mrs. Sharma....ha ha ha!!

(Moi silently enjoying the saucy convo)

phone beeps
(The famous Margaret Mitchell has accepted my invitation too)

MM: Hello there, lady!
Moi: Hello Ma'm. I can't believe what I am chatting with you right now. I never thought this was possible.
MM : Thank you Ghata!
Mrs. Sharma: But beta, tell me, who is this firangi girl you are talking to?
Moi: Aunty, she's the author of a bestselling author "Gone with the Wind". It's my favorite book. When I first read it, I wanted to kiss the hands and the mind that created it.
MM : Thank you dear. You are very kind.
Mrs. Sharma (obviously not very impressed) : ok, your english books vooks. What do I know? She wrote a tragic love story?
Moi: No aunty, she wrote about how a girl discovered what true love actually meant in between wars and adversities.
Mrs. Sharma : (unimpressed) Ok Ok! Whatever that means..
SRK: MM, Loved your book. By the way, I am SRK. Naam to suna hi hoga....ha ha ha...
MM : Thank you Sir. Pray forgive me for I have never heard of you.
SRK : !!!
Moi : :-P

phone beeps


(Sarah jessica parker has accepted my invitation too)
I let out a whoop of joy!

Moi : Hi Sarah! So excited to be talking to you.
SJP : Thanks honey.
Mrs. Sharma : now who is she? Why couldn't you invite Anandi from Balika vadhu? Always talking to these foreign girls!!
Moi : Aunty, she is a famous Hollywood actress. She played Carrie Bradshaw in the famous TV series Sex and the City.
mrs. Sharma: What? Sex and what? Your generation and all this talk about s** before marriage and all?

Aunty  goes off on another tangent and talks about our unmoral-ness while ...

Moi: So, Sarah, how does it feel to be still remembered as Carrie? Was it difficult playing the part?
SJP: It feels great to be still known as Carrie. People loved the show. Playing the part wasn't so difficult because it is a little like all the New York girls drifting in and out of relationships.
Moi: But what about being in an affair with Mr. Big knowing that he was married?
SJP: Well, that was Carrie Bradshaw for you and not Sarah. :-)

Aunty is still mumbling about sex and extra marital affairs...

Moi: You sensationalized the stilettos and high street fashion.
SJP: Thanks a lot girl. I loved being on the show as much as you loved watching it.

phone beeps and Mr. Arvind Kejriwal is on the chat

Moi: hello Sir, an honour to be talking to you.
Mrs. Sharma : Hello Arvind ji. Only you can save the country now. You are doing a great job.
AK: Thank you ladies. But the aam aadmi party needs your support both morally and financially to succeed.
Moi: Absolutely Sir. We will support as much as we can. I am a huge fan. The way you left your high profile cushioned job for the sake of the country is really exemplary.
AK: Thank you. It's just something I had to do.
Moi: But I am sure it was not easy. Family pressures must have held you back.
AK: Let's not go there. What's important is that the youth wants a change and we are trying to bring it. We just need your support.
Mrs. Sharma: Arvind ji, please lead us. We will follow you. Perhaps, after this chat, you could come over to our area to check our heightening electricity bills.
Moi: !!!!!!!

And finally, Sir Ravindra Jadeja decides to accept my invite and join the conversation

Moi: Sir Jadeja, what a performance you have been giving in the Champions Trophy.
SRK: O look, sir Ravindra Jadeja! sir, bahut naam suna hai aapka....its lovely meeting you.
MM: So, you are the Sir Ravindra Jadeja everyone's been talking about? You must be doing something right! Congratulations..
SJP: O yeah, I heard a lot about you from the Indian media, facebook and twitter. Going great guns dude. Keep it up!
AK : Sir, saare politicians aapki tarah perform karne lage, to everyone can live in peace
Mrs. Sharma: He must be a cricketer. Everyone seems to know him? Was he also involved in match fixing?
Moi: No aunty. But yes, he is a cricketer and is in great form. So Sir RJ, how does it feel to be appreciated by legends all over the world?
Sir RJ : (blushing) well, you know...its nice. I like it. But I just try to play my game. Bowl straight. field well.. Rest all follows.
Moi: I am sure Sir RJ. But don't you feel offended people make jokes on you?

Sir RJ:I try to keep away from them.People do what they are good at. I try do my act well.

Moi: Looking forward to a great performance from you in the upcoming matches as well.

Sir RJ : I will try my best ... (honest smile) :-)

Mrs. Sharma and I had such an awesome time talking to these great personalities!!All thanks to WeChat for launching this awesome application especially in our country where gossips spread faster than wildfires. If you want to know more about this app(downloadable on your phone), you can read my review here. And if you had fun reading about this saucy, tangy and spicy conversation, you should give WeChat a try too!

This post has been written for the "WeChat with Anyone, Anywhere!" on Indiblogger




23 comments:

  1. Ghata-
    Got to salute your imagination;
    loved every bit of the conversations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Manjulika: Thanks :)

    @Farina : Thank you so much. Glad you loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am back after a sabbatical from blogs .But coming back and reading is great.
    This is a nice attempt , I like the conversation with Jadeja sir , Keep it up

    Well I have been keeping busy just because My newly launched website is just being launched.If you get time do have a look and give me your feedback , here http://www.mymagicjobs.com/p/contests.html

    Also My personal blog is back again , I know I have not been writing poems lately But I have converted it into a photo blog do check out if you have time , also I have started accepting guests posts , do let me know if you are interested , Here is the blog http://xs2rahulz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rahul : Glad you liked it :)Will mail you regd the guest post!

    @Gurpreet: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome..you are inspiring me to write..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ll take that as a compliment Niv :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely !
    I loved we chat too. Incidentally I too wrote that I had a chat with khans :P
    LOL
    SRK love is just not enough for us no ?
    Loved ur post . Kept me glued till end. MRS sharma is my fav character :P she added spice for sure. SRK ofcourse <3 and felt like u were really talking to them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha....yeah I read yours too! It was good :)
      So glad you liked this one...

      Delete
  8. Good Blog...Liked it..! All the Best :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Blog...! i can see that you have written it with care and love and imagination..! Loved it..! All the Best :)

    http://kakollusuresh.blogspot.in/2013/05/my-dream-chat-friends.html
    This is my Blog ..Hope you will like it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Suresh. Glad you liked the blog and the post.
      Off to read yours!

      Delete
  10. hi Ghata
    Enjoyed The Conversation, Very Well written.Like The Part Of Mrs. Sharma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks. Glad you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  11. Ghata, which song SRK acted on which has your name? This reminds me of your 'Name Post'

    Yesterday I was joking with my husband, what if SRK is the umpire in a cricket match. I bet, it will have maximum wides (His open arm gesture)

    Enjoyed reading it. Sharma Anuty looks like a distant relative to the Chennai high court judge who passed recent sex before marriage ruling :D

    Good luck babes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice people to select and chat. Good one. Enjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Saru : hahah....loved all your punches...here as well as in your entry for the contest! All the best to you too :)

    @Sriram : Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yaarrr superbbb thaa..!!! totally njoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  15. mast tha yaarr...njoyed it thoroughly..:) keep going..:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)