Thursday, January 2, 2014

Motherhood!!

I had never thougt motherhood would feel like so many different things. I had thought it was just a feeling of mush and love and care for your child. But that is another notion that I have just tossed into the bin after becoming a mother myself. I am not even sure I can call myself a mother yet. The feeling hasn't sunk in.

The moment s was born (after a 16 hr labor), the only thing that my mind and heart wanted to do was a jig on the labor room chair. But of course, only in spirit. Later when she was handed over to me for the first time, I was filled with wonder and amazement. This was the little person H and I had made. She is beautiful and I felt proud. And then happened the first night with S when we brought her home. I remember how the whole night passed between feeding sessions, changing nappies and cleaning a soiled bottom. In between these frenzied activities, a moment or two of catching breath, I asked myself a tad frustrated, "is this motherhood?"

Of course, motherhood is this and a lot of other things that I discover every day. Emotions range from ecstasy to uncontrolled pride and mush to sleelplessness and irritation. Am I enjoying motherhood? In the day, yes. Not so much in the night ;-) But it's definitely an experience worth having.

Having doubts about having a baby? Go on..make one. Trust me you won't regret it ;-)

19 comments:

  1. Awww always a beautiful feeling! Wish you loads of blessings and lovely experience with your bundle of joy, Ghata! And look forward to reading more mommy musings from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rachna...i m trying my best to find time :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats ! Do write the mommy journals
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ghata this is beginning and I could really relate to what you have just pen down :)The feeling of bonding evolves with time. I am damn sure you will enjoy it more in years to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shweta...i am sure i will... :-)

      Delete
  4. You might not enjoy this time so much - but as time passes by it would become beautiful..just wait...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehhe,.. I am sure that's the experience talking ;-)

      Delete
  5. More to come Ghata..Its hes starting .. your conversation with nybody will start with her and end also ..wat she eats ...her likes dislikes ..all about her n her only .. soon no time for FB also :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...so true ruchi...these days all conversations are centred around her!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ghata,

    I know and relate to everything you have talked about. While everyone tells you about how beautiful your life will get after you have a baby, no one prepares you for the emotional tide one goes through and more so, on how suddenly you have to 'grow up'. But the good thing is, this time will pass but not without making you so deeply attached to the lil bundle of joy you brought to this world and then, with each passing day, it'll just grow really beautiful and magical. It is motherhood that you will make you strike an entire conversation with a complete stranger on just asked a simple question, 'Do you have any kids?' :)

    I hope you enjoy this experience to its best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks tanu :-) you have just hit the nail on the head. But the family has been really helpful and the pinks have largely overcome the blues :-D

      Delete
  8. :) We need know more, it hasn't yet sunken in me either :D
    Hug you once again

    I hope she makes you proud each day, as a little one, as a friend.. and as a surprise !!!
    Wish you have loong walks in the treasure forests of mommyhood ..

    Keep smiling..
    Love always
    Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) yeah, still hasn't sunken in, in a way :D
    Hug you once again

    I hope she makes you proud everyday as a lil one, a friend, and a surprise..
    I wish you take looong walks in the treasure woods of mommyhood !!

    Take care
    Love always
    Vijaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....hugs back. Thank you so much dear for all the love :-)

      Delete
  10. Loved it Ghata!!! Looks like your princess is not letting you sleep all night!!! njy Motherhood.... Hope to hear from you soon more on your experience as you pen your feeling so beautifully in your blogs!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the love rito :-) yeah...she s quite a night baby :-/

      Delete
  11. Hi Ghata. I also felt the same (sleepless nights, frustation) when my son was small. This routine will never change, but the we will become used to it. I cherish those moments when he started walking, said "mummy"...and many more yet to come. Enjoy motherhood bcz those moments will never come back..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....i am sure deshal those moments are priceless....thank you so much for ur time and kind words. :-)

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)