Tuesday, April 8, 2014

H hails the Heart!

It's always funny when it's happening to someone else. And in matters of the heart, it's always melodramatic. But then it happened to me. And it was no longer funny or dramatic.

When I fell in love with my husband a couple of years ago, I was all rosy eyed. Like it happens with the first real love. Head over heels type. I had never thought I could love someone so much. It was like I had given him a piece of my heart. He could make me happy, sad, anxious, angry, anything. He could play with my heart. I had willfully given him the permission. And every gesture was love. And then we got married ;-)

When we spoke of children, I always thought of them as people who would come in our way. In between us love birds. I always sneered at those who said that children brings the couple closer. Or that a child can melt your heart, can you make you do the impossible yada yada. I was cynical of those statements. I was too cool for those emotions.

And then, 4 months back, our darling daughter entered this world. And today, I feel silly for the cynicism. I feel all those things are, infact, understatements. There is no way I can describe my love for this tiny being. Someone who is always demanding, crying, throwing tantrums and yet, she has the biggest space in my heart. It's like a piece of my heart is out there for the world to see and admire. So beautiful but so vulnerable. And so easy to hurt. No wonder women are such a huge pile of emotions and mush.




20 comments:

  1. Awww I can relate to your heart so much Ghata! And you are so right about children. How do we describe or explain our love for them. It is beyond definitions and words. It is all heart...only we know how much a little cut, a little disappointment or a little twinkle in those tiny eyes affect us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post there.. I'm in the initial days of marriage and still not there with the "i've got a Baby" phase. I have friends who share the same feeling of yours. Glad to have read your post. Wow.. :)
    Shalzzz|Loving Life
    Check out my latest at Tale of Two Tomatoes code

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you know what I haven't been able to make this decision yet! I'm so scared..

    Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the little darling :) May you both be blessed and loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Decision of having a baby either should be well planned or must come as a surprise.preparing for something which is like a miracle is not always possible.Once the little one come , they take all your time and we really dont think about our time too much. Your post just brings back those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Children do have the power to change our outlook.

    J.L. Campbell writes at The Character Depot
    and the Jamaican Kid Lit Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, sweet post. Heart, husband, love, children - bliss and happiness!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! May more happiness find it;s way to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the baby :) What is the name of the little one?

    It is wonderful to see people living such a loved life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could feel the love in each word of this post!
    Love to Samakhya (hope I spelled it right :) )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do agree with the statement of having your heart go walking outside your body!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved reading your post ! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a 8 month old baby girl and I can completely feel the overwhelming mushy lovey-dovey emotions I thought I was incapable of!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww that's sweet. :) I don't have kids yet so I can't relate, but my friend who recently had a baby told me that she never knew how much love she was capable of feeling until she had him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ghata, we have this conversation at home and I tell my husband that he better not love our future-kids more than me, but, he tells me that I would be the one who would be doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, i absolutely agree with each line and especially - No wonder women are such a huge pile of emotions and mush.

    I strongly believe that it is women who are running this whole world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwwwwwwww Ghata, bless your heart and the ones that rule it. Much love always!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)