Thursday, April 10, 2014

J is Judgmental!

There is a famous saying "We all occupy the same universe, but live in different worlds". I don't think I have ever heard truer words. How much ever similar we think we are with a person, in reality, we are worlds apart. We are all a result of our history, the environment our parents gave us to grow up in, and finally the consequences of our own actions. I can vouch for the fact as I have a twin sister, and we have a vast difference in the manner of thinking, speech, actions and even choices.

As a result of what we are, we all have our set of morals we live our life by. But when we encounter something that falls outside of our moral boundary, we immediately start judging that person over his/her choices. If someone wears makeup, she is fake. If someone does not, she is so plain! If someone likes to dress up, she is a show off. If someone does not dress up, she needs to get a stylist! We judge people over career choices, love life, caste and even skin color! We have this feeling of superiority over everyone else. And let's be fair, we all have been there done that. Not once, not twice but many times over.

But when we judge a person and his choices, it tells us more about our own self and our thinking rather than the person being judged. So the next time, you are about to jump the gun, wait and think what kind of person you want to be in your own conscience. And leave that person to explore his possibilities in his own world. In our universe.


11 comments:

  1. I love what you say in this post Ghata. I find a lot of cynicism nowadays. Anything you do, you are questioned. Whatever happened to free will..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you....I am a very judgemental person...and I am trying my best to change it. Another gentle reminder..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that badge. It's so easy for us to see others' faults, and not our own. I'm popping in from the a-z challenge and love to find other believers in the blogosphere! Going to check out your other posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I both agree and disagree with you, Ghata. I completely agree with you that all of us have filters which colour our views and that everyone needs to discover life in their own way. At the same time am sure that each culture and land will have it's own set of written and unwritten rules which needs to be followed. Forget culture and land, can a person who keeps harming others be left to lead the life he wants? For me, I feel it is okay to go ahead and do anything one wants as long as they don't hurt or exploit or cheat anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a truer word spoken or blog written. I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with you. Many a times the judging of people is unconscious...meaning that it is a deep rooted problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much judgement and cynicism no these days? I must admit I do too but then I do feel guilty about it..It's so hard to not judge but I try..

    Latest A2Z Challenge Post-Random Thoughts Naba

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are unique just like everybody else :)
    Well written and crisp and clear one ghata

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree...we need to give a chance to other's opinion, even if hugely different than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree with you..Personally, I am very judgmental but I am trying hard to get over it ...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)