Thursday, June 26, 2014

Separation anxiety of a different kind !

The husband has been away for a while now. It will take him another couple of months to be back. The little one is keeping me very busy and on some days, I do not even remember that he is not there. Some days we do manage to squeeze in to talk for a few minutes. On most days, thanks to the time difference, we just about manage to acknowledge that we are doing fine by messages that are replied to, hours later.

There was a time when I could not bear to be away from him, even for a couple of days. I would call him all the time or chat and invariably miss him when I got home. I also wrote about how strong I was while he was leaving the country here. Any other time would have had me crying and bawling and being depressed for entire days after he was gone. The other day I was just wondering about this. All sorts of thoughts crossed my mind. Had I changed after becoming a mother? Did my love for the child overpower my love for him?
Or was I just over imagining things because I was so busy at all the other times?

I got my answer when I was watching "Two States". It's one of two movies I have watched in the past 7 months (all thanks to the entry of the little one in our lives). I am known to be a book lover and I, almost, never (except a few times) like a movie adapted from a book. And this was a book I did not even rate too high. It was OK, average. But I liked the movie. I loved the way Alia's character was portrayed. I loved all the cliched drama of the loud Punjabi family and not-so-convincing South Indian accents. I loved the songs. And I liked Arjun Kapoor the best. His face had such a lost puppy look to it that you would immediately want to run and hug him. He didn't seem like a quintessential "hero", but a very normal guy who has his  ambitions and apprehensions mixed up.

Another reason I also loved this movie could have been because H and I also faced a lot of opposition when we decided to get married. Somehow, I was transported back to those years when we were the boy and girl in love. When we just had to get married to each other or no one else. When there were lots of tears, emotions and melodrama. And suddenly, all those emotions which I thought I had lost came back to me. I had a lump in my throat. I wanted to cry, I wanted to meet him and say the I love you. I wanted to be with him right then.

And then the movie ended. The ear phones came off. And the little one woke up.

But there is this song "Chaandaniya" (from the movie) that I have been playing in a loop ever since. It's my favorite song these days.

Disclaimer: If you are missing a loved one, hear the song at your own risk. It will make you all sad and mushy.



12 comments:

  1. awww!! Be strong, Ghata! He'll be back soon! In the meantime, do hook up on Skype and chat with him face-to-face!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshni. Yes, I am being strong. But sadly, bno time for skype after the whole day at office, and then tending to the little one :(

      Delete
  2. Nice written. and this is the first time I have read your Blog Post and the hyperlinks have taken me to your other posts as well.. Keep writing.. you write in a very engrossing way...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your kind words Shaan. Looking forward to seeing more of you in this space :)

      Delete
  3. Awww..hugs Ghata. :) I am sure he also wants to come back to you girls soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pooja...he misses us even more. Hus back :)

      Delete
  4. Awww, Even though time zone is playing the villain, love crosses all boundaries.
    Hugs to you and the little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...it does. SRK has made us all belive so....hai na? ;-)
      Thank you Akanksha and hugs back :)

      Delete
  5. This made me feel so warm and happy. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...thank you so much Red Handed! BTW,,,this is my fan girl moment (Red Handed just commented on my blog :-P)

      Delete
  6. You have written nice and you have created new turning point in this story i have seen this film but i didn't like so much but now i am liking after reading your blog nice creation.

    translation in ahmedabad | translators in ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hardik :) Welcome to the blog...see you around :)

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)