Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Birthday party continues.... :)

I had wanted to do something special for my daughter's birthday. Partly because it was her first, but also because I wanted to set a trend for her for the years to come. It is something that I really believe in. To spend her birthday with the girls at Udayan Care. But we also wanted to have a "normal" party, to invite friends and family to bless her and spend some good time together. I also wanted to make this party a no-gifts party. But I knew no one would adhere to it simply because I was asking it. So instead, we planned a birthday party for little S and requested all our guests to not bring any gifts for her, but instead for the girls at Udayan Care. That way, we would be saved from hoarding unnecessary gifts for S, and in turn, helping other kids get something they need!

But it didn't really go as planned. A majority of our guests gave us money since they could not decide what to bring for the girls. And so, we used that money to organize a birthday party for S with the Udayan girls and bought stuff that would be of use for them. We went to the Udayan care house this Sunday, met the girls and the super woman Kiran Modi ji who spearheads the entire thing. Little S was quite happy happy in the company of so many didis (elder sisters) and the girls too gave her all their attention.

I am really happy at the way both the parties happened. We met and entertained all our near and dear ones and little S got so many blessings. And most importantly, without hoarding on to things she didn't need. And at the second party, the kids were so happy to have the little one celebrate with them. And we were happy as well to share her birthday gifts with them.

Leaving you with a few pictures from both the parties :)

Little S enjoying with the girls :)

The cake cutting

A group photo with the lovely kids!

















The other birthday party :)
PS: In reality, I do not like to share my outings with any NGO on a public space as it seems too arrogant/immodest to me. But since for this birthday party, we had already told our guests about our plan of donating the gifts to the girls at Udayan, I felt like sharing this update with all of them through the blog.
And if this inspires you to do something similar, it would be the most precious "return gift" of this birthday party :)

18 comments:

  1. More parents should follow this...... The best way to help other kids and in the process leave a valuable message with your own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to cuddle with her, the pictures aren't enough. You must plan to come to one of the meets- I promise to baby sit :)
    Nice way to celebrate a birthday and start a tradition. You really brought a smile to so many faces :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Akanksha, I want to join too. Lets plan to meet up soon :)

      Delete
  3. V inspiring Ghata! U know what, even I call my niece li'l S:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. V, it's such a wonderful idea. My little one's first birthday is coming up. This is a good idea to implement. How familiar are you with Udayan care? How trustworthy they are? can you provide some input?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check out their details at the website I have mentioned in the post. I would be happy to assist you with any other infiormation

      Delete
  5. You have a cute daughter. Really she is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....very kind of you to say that Anusia. Thanks much :)

      Delete
  6. Wow... dat was a great idea..
    It made me nostalgic about the day when we had visited Udyaan Care together and had met there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Thats where we had first met :)

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)