Thursday, February 26, 2015

Boo-shelf !

For as long as I remember, I have always loved books. I have always wanted more of them. And when I grew up a little, I wanted to own a library. Slowly the dream shrunk to an affordable and manageable book shelf. School and college kept us busy through the years, but the passion for reading and penchant for books never dimmed.

Once I got married, I knew that it was finally possible for me to turn my dream into a reality. When the husband and I shifted to our own place, we started our book collection from scratch. Our collection uptil now lay safely in our homes as we didn't have a safer option right away. And later, we kept it that way. But over time, we kept reading and kept buying. But my ideal bookshelf was always at the back of my mind. And until then, we kept storing our books on our bedside tables. And later on, in shoe boxes and cartons.

We kept scouring furniture markets and online shops for our first ever book shelf. Of course, it had to be special. Finally, this year, we were able to zero in on a very old-school looking wooden bookshelf. It was something we both liked at the first go. And so it was bought.

I was so excited, I wanted to have a ribbon cutting ceremony for it. Lol. Well that never happened, but I did place little S's books first in the bookshelf and prayed to God she would read as much :)

I think I had the best time opening the dusty cartons, cleaning my books and placing them in the shelf. I also randomly opened my favorite books and read random pages from them. Such fun!



This is a picture of it. It occupies a place of pride in our hearts as well as our living room :)


PS: IF you read my last post, you would know that the title is not a spelling mistake :)

6 comments:

  1. That's a Bful shelf ghata
    Loved it. Old school is always good :)
    We have a white book shelf inbuilt at moms. My books r in it as of now
    I would love to have my own in future too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's a classy book shelf! congos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good...congrats for finally owning it. Hope it keeps you motivated.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)