Monday, February 23, 2015

Little Miss S!

I hate it when I realize I haven’t written about the little missy in a long time. I still remember the time I feared pregnancy like it was ebola or something. And now I have a daughter who is 14 months old. Phew! Mr. Time! You gotta stop running like Ussain Bolt.

I hate it that when she grows up, I will not have as many stories of hers to cherish because I didn’t write them down. That’s lame, right? A mother got to do what she got to do. The little missy is growing up fasshhtt. Thank you God! She is such a pretty child (touchwood!) and so so naughty. 

She loves to shout. Wow, right? Such a great thing for a hobby. She can easily compete with your latest fighter jets and what not.

She loves to sing. This is not a surprise as her mommy is a bathroom singer and daddy, an amateur singer. The funny part is she loves to sing even though she still babbles in her own language. But it’s a lot of fun to watch her sing. I think she has picked this up from the TV. She puckers up her face in deep concentration and then moves head from left to right as if she is doing a raag alaap.And do you know what her favorite song is? Humsafar! Yo, mommy’s favorite is her favorite as well! Until we grow up and rebel !

Like all toddlers, she can shake a mean bum to Yo Honey Singh! I can only hope her choice gets better as she grows up. Right now, she loves “Baby Doll” and “Chittiyaan Kalaiyaan”. She actually tries to copy the dance steps from TV. Imagine! 14 month old, so what!

She loves the kitchen as she can find her shastras there. Eveery evening, as I prepare her food, she walks in , opens the drawer, fishes out 2 chamchas (ladels) and starts to beat the mommy. Yo domestic violence!
When denied the authority of the said shastra, she proceeds to bite the gas pipe in retaliation. Badle ki aag, you see! I think she has inherited the filmy quotient from her melodramatic mother :P

She has recently started to say “chai” (tea). She goes to the kitchen drawer, retrieves the seiver, bites it and says chai! I think I’ll be forced to switch to coffee soon! She also calles “aaloo” (potato) as “laloo” and then smiles. I think she does it on purpose. Political satirist in the making? ;-)

She loves to listen to her rhymes. Any number of them, any number of times a day! No wonder on most days, I am humming Twinkle Twinkle and Humpty Dumpty under my breath. #NotGood

She calls us mumma and papa in the sweetest tone possible. She goes all soft and cutesy, cocks her head to a side, and says Mumma/Papa and gives a deep dimpled smile. I think I thank God countless times each day for this Heaven!

But the best of all is her love for books. As soon as I had gotten pregnant, I had worried about if my child would share my penchant for books. And I am so glad, she does. Her eyes instantly perk up at the sight of a new book. Her tireless feet halt only at the sight of a book. Although it is another matter that she finishes her book in under a minute. She stops at a page, sees the picture, copies whatever the animal/human in her book is doing, and turns the page. So one day, as I walked past her, sitting on the bed and reading, she looked up and put her finger on the mouth and said to me “chup”.She was aping the monkey from her "Boo" (that's what she calls her books)

May we always have more "Boo"s to read and our "Boo" shelf be overflowing! :)

10 comments:

  1. I love to read your stories about little S, Ghata. They instantly perk me up! :) Keep writing more of these. And I hope to be able to meet up with your little bundle of joy soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mahimaa...and yes, we should meet soon :)

      Delete
  2. this is such a cute post..the best that I liked was aping the monkey form the boo..
    lots of hugs to the little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thans a lot simple girl :) hugs right back at ya!

      Delete
  3. I imagined her doing everything you wrote about...and boy she is indeed one angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww!! She sounds so adorable!!! Definitely cherish all these moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing that Rosh...and having hell of a time :P

      Delete

I love to hear back from you :)