Tuesday, April 14, 2015

We are growing up. FAST!

So I have been away, again!

And that's because I heard those three dreaded words from my maid "I am leaving"! Yes, I do see all of your heads shaking in been-there-done-that agreement. So our super cool maid cum nanny is going to her village and won't be back, possibly, for 2 months. Of course it set my pulse racing. How would we find a new maid so soon? Would she be reliable enough? Will she be able to take care of the ever-growing-naughty little S? Questions and dilemmas of a working mother loomed large.

A few interviews of prospective helps were taken. None managed to impress. The husband is in the midst of changing his jobs. More stress. What if the new maid runs away after the first few days? Like they are wont to do. We take the next logical, but difficult decision. S needs a day care now. It's professional and (God bless them) they won't run away! After all, I have to turn up for work every day too. We go to the best Day care school in our vicinity. They have no seats. They said they will "try their best"!

Crestfallen, we resume the search for a maid again. There are some who don't like us, and the others whom we can't seem to trust! In panic stricken mood, I call the day care again if their "best" has worked out for us. And hallelujah! One child who was supposed to leave the day care in May has had to prepone and is leaving this month itself. And by (happy) coincidence, little S starts her day care tomorrow, which is also our maid's last working day with us. God, you couldn't have been kinder.

Also, the husband starts his new job next week. Lots of beginnings in our household. None as special as the first day Little S will have tomorrow. I am, of course, excited and nervous. For both of us. It's our first day tomorrow. Wish us luck :)

When I told S that she would be going to "schoool" this week, she repeated after me "Zooo". Well, the girl is really down to earth and knows herself too well, no? :-)

Also, in the meantime, the 16 month old got potty trained (almost). A few accidents do happen every now and then. But she’s gotten the gist. We are mighty proud. Of ourselves of course :-P

Her latest fascination is catching mosquitoes, cockroaches and flies. She seems to be fascinated with them. But she also gets agitated when she isn’t able to catch one. The war cry when she’s launching herself in the battle is a must-see. It sends us rolling on the floor.

She has seen our maid’s mother keep her cellphone in her blouse. So she automatically thinks that her own mother does the same. So, without any warning, irrespective of wherever we are, she pries open my shirt/kurta/top and looks around for a phone. And yes, she has done this in public too. The never ending joys of motherhood! :-P
And so, in one of those moments of insanity, trying to protect my assets from becoming a public view, I ended up inventing this:
“Motherhood is when you decide to exchange your hour glass figure and fiercely guarded modesty for a lifetime of unlimited public faux pas and infinite love”! What say mommies?

13 comments:

  1. All the best to you and lil S Ghata!! Wishing her lots of fun in the Zooooo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post..:)
    Please do check mine and comment:
    https://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=452573

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha..what kids do to us in public!! I hope she enjoys her day care and you work with a tension free mind..
    Points To Ponder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Natasha! And thanks a ton for your wishes :)

      Delete
  4. Ghata, I m reading your blog n wondering what lies ahead for me! Especially your insights about the public view...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he....is there a good news on the way Shaivi? :)

      Delete
  5. Totally agree!! The number of times my kids have innocently commented about my love handles, my assets and my backside is too painful to fully recall!!
    Hope Little S has a wonderful time at her new daycare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heheh...I can totally relate Rosh! And thanks a ton...she did pretty well :)

      Delete
  6. Ah, the things kids do.
    Well, the positive side is that they grow up really quick :)
    Good luck and Happy Parenting, Ghata.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog
    dazzlingzest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)