Tuesday, June 23, 2015

20 days and Nioxin later...!

If you have been reading the blog, you might know that I had taken up the Nioxin 20 day challenge. Nioxin is a hair product that is aimed at people with thin and thinning hair. It has been known to stop further thinning of hair and even make the scalp a suitable environment for the growth of new hair. I had attended the launch of this product in India. You can read about it here.

And so, I came back home armed with the designated pack assigned to me, identified according to my hair type. The pack had three bottles - A shampoo, a conditioner and a scalp revitalizer. According to the instructions given to us by the Nioxin guys at the event, these products had to be used every day. Since Nioxin follows a skin care approach to hair, they said you need to wash and clean your scalp like your face, every day. First, shampoo your hair using the Nioxin cleanser shampoo. Then rinse your hair and apply the Nioxin conditioner. Now here’s a twist. Unlike most conditioners that are applied only to the length of the hair and not roots, Nioxin conditioner needs to be applied onto your scalp as well. Conditioning your scalp after a wash, like moisturizing your face after a wash, that’s the skin care approach they have been talking all along. Wash off the conditioner after 2-3 minutes and then gently towel dry your hair. Lastly, you need to apply the scalp revitalizer. It is actually a spray that you have to sparingly apply evenly to cover the entire head.

It was a challenge for somebody like me to use the product every day, since my mornings are rushed with trying to get ready for office and getting the little one ready for school. So effectively I ended up using the product on alternate days. Coming to the product, the shampoo has a nice pleasant smell. The good part about it is that you literally need to use a very small amount every time you shampoo. It lathers well and easily. The conditioner? Well, have you ever tried Menthos? The Nioxin conditioner feels like your scalp is having Menthos. It has a strong mint fragrance and is very very cool on the scalp. Like when you wah off the conditioner, it feels like you are pouring ice cold water on the head. Since it is really hot now, using the conditioner was a “cool” experience.

Let me tell you the change I felt after using Nioxin vs the other off-the-counter shampoos I have been using till date. Earlier, on the first day of hair wash, I would have really nice, clean and silky hair. By the second day it would start patting down on the head with a little oil. By the third day, the only hair style I could do was tying it up in a knot. But with Nioxin, even on the third day, the hair felt almost as clean and silky as the first day. Even though it is advised to be used every day for thicker hair, I observed that not following it a couple of times would do no harm either.

Now, I cannot verify the authenticity of this product by gauging hair growth. It is not possible to effectively know if I have really grown more hair during this 20-day period. But what I can tell you is that my head feels fuller. I don’t think my hair thickness has increased but I do feel that there is a spurt in the growth of new hair. I also feel much better with how my hair looks and feels now. The product (the three piece treatment) is a little steeply priced at Rs. 3000. But as I mentioned earlier, you literally use a very small quantity each time. So it may, as well, last you a long time. I am not sure if I will continue with this expensive treatment for my hair. But if you are really desperate and looking for a solution for thinning hair and are ready to shell out some big bucks, do try Nioxin. I didn’t use the product as religiously as told, and yet I can feel the change. I am sure and hope it will work for you if you give it a 100% chance.
These are my before and after pictures. You decide!

Before and After!
PS: This is purely my own opinion after using the product. It is not a sponsored review.

You can try and experience #NioxinNowIndia at your nearest salon. This activity is in association with BlogAdda.com

4 comments:

  1. I can see a difference in your hair.
    I saw the same in Shailaja's hair too.
    My only apprehension is whether the good will continue if used for a long term - like say for around 6 months or an year may be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sir can u pls tell me how can I prepare for nid, iift entrance exam?
    nid entrance exam preparation book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs that I see these days don't really provide anything this interesting. But I'm definitely interested in this one more than any other blog. Just thought to share my views on this to let you know how useful these articles are. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)