Friday, June 19, 2015

One and a half years, twice the drama!

The little one is on a rampage these days. She has always been a hyperactive child, right from her days in the womb. But now, at 1.5 years, with feet and mind firm and always running, she is giving me the hiji bijis. I feel like the Terrible Twos have already started. Only 6 months too early.

Yesterday she gave me a full blown tantrum at the mall where we had gone to buy her a new pair of shoes. By the way, she threw her old shoes down from our 7th floor balcony and lost them is another story. At the mall, I also happened to like a dress for her. So I tried it on but it was a little too fitted for comfort. But apparently she had her heart set on it. She said she won't take it off. I tried coaxing and cajoling, which by the way hardly ever works. And then, I took it off amidst her protests. In the next instant, she was down on the floor, wearing  shorts and shoes and no t-shirt, crying with all the energy she could fathom from her reserves. Of course, all the people were staring at us. The truce was reached with the barter of a chocolate-y bourbon biscuit.

After we reached home, she did the same with the shoes. She just didn't want to part with them. I pried them open ONLY for her bath time. But hell hath fury! This little lady is not taking things lying down from mummy. Another full blown tantrum with lots of crying and red face was unleashed on mummy, and it subsided only when she was allowed to take a bath with her shoes on. And then had her dinner and milk and every other activity with her shoes on. She then went to sleep after talking to her shoes for quite some time, and also saying "bye" to it almost 500 times. I am traumatized, is to say the least.

The list of weird things she does is going up by the day and has me worried. Like for real.
The other day she was playing on the floor. And as usual, I had an eye on this mischief maker. Then I saw her pick up a grain of dust on her finger. She then put this finger in her nose and took a deep breath and snuffed it away. Putting everything in the mouth is too mainstream for her I guess!

I thought a lot about this and came up with a theory. I was sure she couldn't have seen this on TV. So I figured she is just a curious toddler who is exploring all the open spaces accessible to her little hands. And prove me right she did. A day later, she tried to snuff some fruit peel. Since it didn't oblige, she tried putting it inside her eyes. When that didn't happen too, she put it at the spot right where the eye meets the bridge of the nose. And then went around the house proudly showcasing her creativity. She also tried to stuff my tic-tac clips in her ears today!

She has also thrown the rolling pin (belan) and steel containers down from our seventh floor balcony. Thankfully, no one has been hurt yet. But mommy dear definitely got a nice hearing from the building guard who saw her doing this both times.

Am I sounding grumpy and cribbing all over the place? Because that's not the whole story. She is also growing up pretty and learning too many rhymes and songs and dance. She speaks non stop the whole time. And I have gone from "When will you speak?" stage to "Please baby, quiet for sometime" stage almost too soon. She loves reading her books more than ever and has even got a choice at which one she wants to read for the day. I am enjoying this stage as much as I can. The rest of the time, we have a screaming match. I ain't winning any, though! :-P

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't help laughing at the mental picture of her having a bath with her shoes!!
    Don't worry about tantrums...every toddler has them but the key is not to give in to them! They may cause you headaches and embarrassment now but people are more forgiving if it's a toddler and not so much if it continues all the way to teenhood!! :D
    Sounds like you've entered the exciting phase of motherhood!! Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! And here i was thinking only infants have illogical tantrums and my boy will become more sensible as he grows! I already have a screaming match when I try to feed him. He kicks me in anger then cries as he is hungry...I could just visualize your plight when your princess throws things from the balcony! Good, your blog is like a preview of what lies ahead in life with a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you :)